Things which are unfortunate about Cape Town:
- No bike lanes or bike paths to get around town
- public transport scary at night (southern suburbs) or all the time (most of the city)
- people drive like maniacs
- hard to get nice vegetables
- fish is always overcooked, fries are undercooked (cold and floppy and greasy!)
- internet is charged by the MB, not unlimited!
- sometimes it is just too damn windy to think.
Things which I just miss about living in America:
- Knowing how to do things and go places without having to ask
- Breakfast burritos
- coffee for sale in the morning (before 8:30! like at 5:30 sometimes!)
- chatting with my brother every day
Things which are better in Cape Town than in America:
- Eating out is cheap, I have been eating out every day since my fridge broke! lazy.
- My job is slowly advancing to a point which might be less stressful than being a grad student... maybe
- I can afford my cool little house